TOP 7 Tips: to arrange promzones and implement a redevelopment project
Valentyn Uvarov, architect at Urban Experts
- First of all, it is necessary to resolve land and legal issues of ownership, if it is state property should go by concession following the example of European countries.
- Make multifunctional objects with different types and classes of real estate.
- The historical heritage of an object will indicate its uniqueness which can become a magnet for visitors. Despite the fact that it requires investment, careful approach and well-designed concept
- Gradual development allows the financial burden to be distributed, so you need to start with a small transformation: one workshop or building
- Perfect location: these areas are surrounded by transport hubs, public transport, urban infrastructure. Therefore it is not necessary to decide transportation problems, but put a commercial function in the project.
- Do not be afraid of long deadlines and project costs. Such areas require a lot of time to allow the communication link, settle the issues connected with the complexity of construction in the city, realization of architectural and technical decisions
- Create transport hubs with commercial complexes. Since there is a huge flow of people, it would be a perfect place for shopping malls.